Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Sleeping Pup & I

Sleeping pup & I

Since the past few months, I sometimes find myself waking up quite earlier than normal. One such morning was today.
When I woke up, I realized it was still quite dark and so I tried to go back to sleep but sleep, simply eluded me. About an hour or so later, I decided it would be best to drop this pursuit and sit up in dhyan, instead.
The weather was comfortable and the hour was silent and calm. Under the given conditions, it was not long before I managed to settle down into peaceful, calm and focused atman vichara.
Before I proceed any further, I must narrate an incident that happened a few days ago on a very busy city street.
As I was walking along this street, my eyes happened to fall upon a small stray dog that was blissfully fast asleep alongside the sidewalk in broad daylight, amidst the rubble, dust and chaotic noise of traffic, both human, as well as vehicular.
“Surely a remarkable sight!” I said to myself, as I walked on.
Coming back to my internally directed vichara during this morning’s dhyan, I found myself thinking about this animal, blissfully asleep amidst all the chaos and noise.
In a blink of an eye, it came to me that here was a lesson to learn from this experience. What I learnt from this was that all our thoughts, desires, emotions, difficulties etc. were nothing else but subtler forms of the gross noise, traffic, rubble, dust and chaos of the worldly streets. And the blissfully unaffected pup was the gross example of the subtle and highest One Truth that remains undisturbed, unperturbed, peaceful, eternal joy and consciousness within each one of us.
If I would only sincerely endevour to tap into and remain focused into this One Truth, I should then find it quite easy to be able to view all the dust, noise and chaos of our minds in the light of proper awareness and succeed in obtaining the state of Sat – Chit – Ananda.

No comments:

Post a Comment